MOBIUS Access Advisory Group
Purpose of the Policy
To ensure all items loaned through MOBIUS are properly returned to the owning library.
Original Policy Document
- In III items are checked in using the Check-in (No Patron) mode. The cluster location code (6clus, such as 6mrln) is appended to the end of the barcode. A box opens with the following message:
Barcode ‘1234567891234’ was found as‘12345678912346clus’
Item belongs to ______ Cluster
Do Not Check-in
- Choose ‘Check-In’. The system changes the status to MOBIUS Ret’d. The item will remain as a virtual item on the patron’s record until it is checked in by the owning library. It will no longer display among the items checked out to the patron.
- The system then offers the option to print a transit slip. Choose ‘No’ as long as the book still has a green MOBIUS band. If the band is missing you may choose to print the transit slip to include with the book in shipment.
- Cross through the TO address on the green MOBIUS book band and circle the RETURN TO address.
- Place the item in a MOBIUS bag. Insert an address label for the owning library in the window on the bag. Optionally, a lightweight tie may be used to secure the bag.
- Return the book to the owning library through the MOBIUS courier.
Delivery Labels (link label maker)